Last updated 14th February 2021
Playbuddy Technologies W.L.L. is committed to providing you notice about how Playbuddy Technologies W.L.L. and affiliates and third-party service providers (together, "we", or "us", or "our") handle your information. Reference to "you" in this Policy refers to the Users of the Playbuddy App and Playbuddy Website (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Platform"), whether or not you access the services available on the Platform or consummate a transaction on the Platform ("Users").
The Policy sets out: (a) the types of information that we may collect from you when you access or use our services (hereinafter referred to as "Services") through our Platform, and (b) our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. By using or accessing this Platform and providing Information (as defined below) or SPDI (as defined below), you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. You also expressly consent to our use and disclosure of your Information and/or SPDI in any manner as described in this Policy and further signify your agreement to this Policy and the Terms & Conditions (being incorporated by reference herein). If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Policy, please do not proceed further or use or access this Platform/provide us with any information.
1 - DEFINITIONS
"Account" shall mean the password-protected account created by Users to access and participate in the Platform.
"Non-personal Identification Information" shall mean any non-personal information collected from Users pursuant to their interaction on the Platform, including but not limited to the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to the Platform such as the operating system, the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
"Personal Identification Information" shall mean any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate the person, to whom such information pertains including, but not limited to, when Users visit the Platform, register, conclude a transaction, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and anything else in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on the Platform. Users may be asked for personal information including, but not limited to name, email address, phone number and residential address disclosed by you in relation to the services available on the Platform. Users may, however, visit our site anonymously. Playbuddy will collect Personal Identification Information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply Personally Identification Information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities / services available on the Platform. For the purposes of this Policy, Personal Identification Information and Non-personal Identification Information shall together be referred to as "Information".
"Sensitive personal data or information / SPDI" shall mean information relating to the following:
- financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history's;
- biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and
- any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
"Third Party" shall mean any person or entity other than you or us.
2 - THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 - In Relation to The Use of The Platform
- For the purposes of creation of an Account on the Platform, Users will be required to disclose information including personal contact details. The type of Information collected from a User varies based on the interaction with the Platform.
- The information we collect directly from you are: your name, e-mail address, phone number, postal address, other contact information, credit card and billing details, including billing address, communications preferences, payment and transaction history, where required your birthdate and identification card, and any other information you submit to the services or otherwise provide to us. We also collect certain demographic data if you provide it to us, including age, gender, preferred language, and current location. We may also collect Information that you post in your profile, requirements, or feedback and any other correspondence site on the Platform.
- When you use our location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your mobile device's GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude) and the time the information is recorded, to customize the Services. We may associate your location data with your device ID and other information we hold about you. You can withdraw your consent for this feature by disabling the GPS or any other location-tracking functions on your device.
2.2 - Automatically Collected Information
We also collect information through automated and technical means as you browse our Sites, or otherwise use the Services:
- Location Info: We automatically collect and store location information from your device. We collect and store the location information (e.g., city or P.O. Box code where available) associated with the IP address of the device you use to access the Services, as well as, with your permission, your mobile device's location information using GPS or Bluetooth (you can change your location/Bluetooth settings for your mobile device; however, certain features may not be available through the App if you do so).
- Analytics: We compile and analyze information derived from the use of our Services, such as aggregate usage patterns, user preferences, peak demand times, common routes and other information.
2.3 - Information We Collect from Third Party Sources
In some cases, we collect user information from third parties.
- Third Party Platforms and Social Media Sites: When you interact with us or post content about us on third-party social media platforms - like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, YouTube or Pinterest - we may collect certain information about that interaction; the information that we may collect is based on your settings on and the policies of these social media platforms.
- Other Third-Party Sources: We also may collect information about you that we may receive from business partners, marketers, analysts and other sources to, enable us to verify and update information contained in our records and better customize the Services for you. If required, we may also collect information from credit reporting agencies to determine your creditworthiness, credit score and credit usage, in compliance with and to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
2.4 - Use and Processing of Information
We generally use the information we collect from and about you to provide and operate the Services, respond to user requests, for customer service and support, to protect our rights and those of others, to send marketing communications, to help us personalize user experiences and to improve the Services, as explained in more detail below.
2.5 - Legal Bases for Processing Under Law of Relevant Country
Without prejudice or clash with any of the provisions of Law No. (13) of 2016 (the "Law") regarding protecting the privacy of personal data, we process your personal data, as set out in Section 3 below, under the following legal bases:
- Data / Information collected either from you or through a third party are included in the virtue of Article (2) of the Law.
- Our processing is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you or to perform steps requested by you prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g., to verify the information you have provided to us and provide the Services to you).
- Our processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, including to protect the security our Services; to protect the health and safety of others; to establish, protect and defend our legal rights and interests; to prevent fraud and verify identity and authorization of Users; to personalize user experiences and content; to understand and analyze usage trends; and to improve the Services.
- Legal Compliance: Where our processing is required to comply with applicable law (for example, to maintain your payment transaction history for tax reporting purposes).
In addition, we may process information to the extent necessary to protect the health, safety or vital interests of any person and to establish, protect and defend our legal rights.
3 - DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose the information we collect, in the following ways:
3.1 - Providing Support and Services:
- To provide and operate the Services and related features, fulfil your orders and requests and to process your payments;
- To update the Services;
- To permit you to update, edit, and manage your content;
- To communicate with you about your use of the Services and respond to your inquiries and complaints; and
- For troubleshooting, technical and customer service and support purposes.
3.2 - Verification
- To verify the identity of Users, applicants and others with whom we interact; and
- To confirm authorization of Users that access and use the Services.
3.3 - Affiliates and Subsidiaries:
3.4 - Third-Party Service Providers:
We use a variety of third-party service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing and payment processing, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc.
3.5 - General Business Operations:
Where necessary to the administration of our general business, accounting, record keeping and legal functions, to our tax advisors, legal counsel and other professional services entities or agents.
3.6 - Legal Compliance and Protection of Rights:
We may also use or disclose information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Services; (b) establish, protect and defend our rights or property, the Services or our Users, including to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms & Conditions, other agreements or policies, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved; and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or Users of the Services or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
3.7 - Other Users:
Certain features of our Services make it possible for you to share comments publicly with other Users. Any information that you submit through such features is not confidential and may be accessed by others. For example, if you provide a comment on our blog, other blog readers will be able to review your comments, and if you interact with us on our social media pages, your comments will be publicly available. So, please take care when using these features. If you'd like to request removal of information that we have posted about you, please contact us as set forth in the "Your Choices" section below.
3.8 - Aggregate/Anonymous Information:
We may share aggregate/anonymous information about use of the Services with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
3.9 - Business Transfers:
As we continue to develop our business, we may seek to buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, we will comply with such restrictions.
3.10 - Marketing and Promotions
To send you information, news, updates and offers about us or our Services (subject to your consent where required by applicable law).
3.11 - Personalize Service and Ads
- To personalize content and experiences on our Services, including providing you reports, recommendations, and feedback based on your preferences, and to use your location information for personalization purposes.
- To better target ads so that Users receive ads that are relevant to them.
- To request more information about the companies to whom we have disclosed your information, please contact us as set out in the "Contact Information" section.
- Such request shall be treated & processed in accordance with the provisions of Article (6) of Personal Data Privacy Protection Law No. (13) of 2016.
Like most websites and online services, we use "cookies", web beacons (a/k/a pixel tags), analytics devices and similar technologies (some of which are operated by third parties) to record your preferences, gather information about the use of our Services, personalize content and ads and track information about the performance of our advertisements. We may also use these technologies to monitor traffic and make the Services easier and/or more relevant for your use. We may combine this information with other information we collect from you.
4.1 - Cookies:
When you visit our site, our server sends your computer a "cookie." This cookie is a small packet of information that identifies you as a user of our system. Cookies save you time by retaining your contact information. Cookies do not deliver viruses, and can only be read by the server that sent you the cookie. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Please bear in mind however, that you may not be able to use all the features of our site if cookies are disabled.
4.2 - Analytics Services:
4.3 - Collection of SPDI:
For the purposes of creation of an Account on the Platform, Users will be required to disclose certain SPDI including credit card/debit card detail for payment purposes, required by payment gateways and financial institutions to consummate a transaction. We do not gain any access or store any SPDI related to financial transactions on our Platform; such SPDI is availed directly by the payment gateway via an integration with our Platform and we ensure to utilize payment gateways of repute with industry accepted credentials and security measures. The type of Information collected from a User varies based on the interaction with the Platform. Playbuddy undertakes to protect the data provided by you in accordance with reasonable security practices and procedures. Playbuddy undertakes not to transfer or disclose your SPDI to a third party for any purpose without your prior consent.
5 - ONLINE ADVERTISING
In order to display more relevant advertising on our Services, manage our advertising on third-party sites, mobile apps and online services, and to measure and improve our ads and marketing efforts, we may work with advertising companies, ad exchanges, channel partners, measurement services and ad networks.
These companies may employ cookies and action tags to measure advertising effectiveness. They may also use this technology to serve specialized or relevant advertising content and/or recommendations to you on the website or on their websites. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous and does not contain any personal contact information.
6 - HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Our website has secure pages to collect user information and most critical data is stored in encrypted form. We use various technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of data stored on our system. Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and encryption technology that works with Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
We encourage you to take steps to protect your information and prevent unauthorized access to your password or account by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
7 - SECURITY
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your Information and SPDI and to protect it against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. We implement appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access and for the purposes of maintaining data security. Our payment gateway partners are compliant with the payment card industry standard (PCI standard) and also use SSL secured communication channels, encryption, passwords and physical security measures in order to protect the Information and SPDI of Users.
However, we cannot guarantee absolute security as no method of protection and transmission of data is completely secure. We are also not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any Third Parties that receive your Information. The Services are also linked to many other sites and we are not/shall be not responsible for their privacy policies or practices as it is beyond our control. Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, we shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of your Information or SPDI, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to any event that is beyond our reasonable control.
8 - RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We retain your information for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which it is collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to establish, protect, or defend legal claims. Therefore, the provision of Article (5) of the Law is taken into account when objecting to Playbuddy's retention of data.
9 - THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
11 - YOUR CHOICES
If you would like to update your preferences on the types of communications you receive from us, or opt out of marketing communications from us, you may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences in your account profile on our Website. However, you may continue to receive notifications and/or other alerts on the Playbuddy App. Please note that we may continue to send non-promotional communications such as important notices, payment confirmations and transaction-related emails and other information about your use of the Services. If you would like to opt-out of marketing, you may also do so by emailing us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 - ACCESS AND DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Subject to applicable law and as explained in this section, you may have certain rights with respect to the information we collect and process about you.
12.2 - Complaints:
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the privacy regulator or supervisory authority where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Qatar Personal Data Privacy Protection Law No. (13) of 2016 entitles you the following rights:
- To obtain access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you;
- To obtain, in certain circumstances, a copy of certain information we of yours in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice;
- To request that we update your information we hold that is out of date;
- To request that we delete certain information we hold about you;
- To request that we restrict the way we process and disclose certain of your information;
- To revoke your consent for the processing of your information, to the extent our processing of your information is not based on another legal basis; and
To object to certain processing of your information as follows:
- Right to object to direct marketing: you may object to our processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling). See "Your Choices" above for more info.
- Right to object to processing (including profiling) based on legitimate interest grounds: in addition, where we are relying upon our legitimate interests to process information, you may object to that processing. If you object, we must stop that processing unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or we need to process the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. We will consider each case on an individual basis.
13 - CONTACT INFORMATION
You may exercise your rights or make a request regarding your information held by us, request further information about your legal rights under applicable law, or submit a complaint about our privacy practices by contacting us at any time, using the contact details set forth below.
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances. If we need to keep processing your information to provide services to you or to comply with a legal obligation. Moreover, you will not be permitted to examine the information of any other person or entity. We also may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.